How much can be a co-incidence? Two girls having the same kind of dress? Both of them being friends? Both of them being colleagues, working within the same 4 walls, almost always next to each other? Both of them wearing those dresses the same day? Well,Trust me, I'd say- ALL OF IT!!
One extremely funny thing happened today. I and my co-intern happened to wear the same coloured attire with the same kind of prints too!! Both of us wore white and blue with circular prints. The shade of blue was same too. It was an extreme co-incidence. I didn't even know that she had a dress of this sort ( being with her since 4.5 years, I actually am kind of aware of the dresses she owns). Maybe it would go unnoticed. But since we both are in the same unit and always working together, every other person couldn't help but notice it.From nurses, to our friends, to PGs to Unit chief too!! And the comments we got, were really weird.Here are a few:
-->"Are you twins?" ( that was really weird. Our clothes might have been twins. but how can we be?)
--> One of the my friend pointed at my co-intern and said, "Look look, Chandana's there!!" Duh!!
--> "Did you both get these dresses in any 'buy one,get one free' offer?" Oh gosh!
--> "Are you celebrating any white and blue day?"
--> "Has any uniform system been started in your unit?" Yeah dude, thats the only thing pending now!!
Others were decent enough to ask, "hey, how come same kind of dresses?"Thank god!! But the above mentioned comments-@$*^&@*&"~. We felt like going home and changing! But unfortunately, sugery postings doesn't give you so much time. But the next time I'd wear this dress to hospital, I'd surely call my colleague and confirm that she isn't wearing the same dress that day. We took a snap of ours too to remember this 'once in a lifetime' incident. I showed the snap to my mom, and she started laughing too!!Heights ya!!
Chandana C. Shekar
4 comments:
lol....so funny...u must b feeling awkward, its like in the 70's hindi movies as two frnds wearing the same dress...lolz!!!!
So tag that day as Sita Gita Day!!!
hahaha, tht ws some co-incidence...n thts wat i call "lame comments"...poor u to take tht...
lol
@nazish- i guess it shud be 'kapda sita gita day'.lolz
@neha- yeah :)
@pratap- :)
Post a Comment