- When you went to school those days by auto-rickshaw or bus.
- When sombody bullied you at school and you wanted someone to slap that person back.
- When you wanted to share the paratha your mom made and you were proud of.
- When you wanted to tell someone that you got your first crush!
- When you wanted to share that something wrong happened- be it silly or horrible.
- When you drove to college, the very first day.
- When you were sitting in the last bench during class, and wanted to play tic-tac-toe.
- When you wanted to sms somebody when the lecture was boring.
- When you wanted to decide what to wear for your first date.
- When you wanted a solution for you attendance shortage.
- When you ran out of cash, and needed some urgently.
- When you bunked classes and went to canteen or movie or even, 'sight-seeing'!
- When.... well, maybe almost every other moment in life..
Haven't you needed a friend all this while? Well, I have. And I'm sure you have to. I went out with my friends today evening after quite a few days. And I was so glad I did.I enjoy every single time I'm with them. Everybody does.
"Friends"... That word means a whole lot on earth. Each friend is like a new world. A world that's not open until you meet him/her. But yet, you feel that world is very familiar to you. A friend is someone who knows you through and through. Someone who knows the song of your life, and will prompt you when you lose track. A
friend is someone who'll be there for you, when he'd rather be anywhere else. A friend is not someone who cries when you get hurt, but someone who tries to make sure that you don't get hurt. A friend is someone who trusts in you, even when you don't. A friend is someone whom you'll love your evening walks with. A friend is someone whose your all-time company to party with. A friend is someone who'd stand by you when the whole world laughs at you, and yet, laugh at your silliest of silly jokes. A friend is someone who would be your dairy, to keep your secrets actually as secrets. A friend is a philosopher and guide. Someone who might not know whats right for him/her, but for sure knows whats wrong for you. Someone whose not family, yet means family. Someone who'd be proud to know you, and flaunt it too. Someone for whom, your spouse would instantly become jiju or bhabhi. Someone who you might talk to after ages, and yet feel so comfortable. Someone, who I feel, I would write on and on about.. They mean a lot more than what I can write here. Infact they mean a whole new thing every other day!! I'm glad God created friends. Who said we make friends? Friends are born to be :) Infact, Friendship exists in every relationship, but in a very subtle way.
I'm glad I have a few really really good friends whose friendship I would cherish forever and ever. Thanks for being there guys. You make life fun :) Heege koole maadana ;)
Friends may not mean your life, but they definitely make life worth living :)
p.s.: I'd like to dedicate this to my best friends- Ashi, Nammu, Appu, Vivek, Chandu, Rakshi, Shru, Dhanni, few people from my college and a few more. Apologies appealed for the names not mentioned. It goes to every single friend of mine, whose made my life blessed :) Love you guys :)
Chandana C. Shekar
9 comments:
friends are my lifeline too...i cant imagine my life without them...n touchwood, i am blessed with so many of them...u wrote down everything i feel for them...great going gal..:)
I totally agree with u...friends are really precious!!!
We dont choose our parents, brothers n sisters..nor relatives, but wht we choose are friends who stay with us !!!!
emotional uh?...
am too blessed with great true freinds....:)
@neha- thanks :)
@nazish- yup. but i'd rather put it as- maybe we were born to be friends :)
@pratap- congo :) ya dude. bit emotional. friends are moving away in their own path now that everybodys gettin jobs in different cities na. have stayed with the same gang since school days. so now a bit emotional..
First time on your blog. Nice quote about friends.
@swatantra- thanks for readin.. i really appreciate it.. will be glad if u come back to my blog to read again :)
lovely article :) i know how it feels being away from true old friends! the ones who literally are ur chaddi dosts!
lovely post chandana :))
indeed...friends are your lifeline in gud as well as bad times..!!!
GUD LINES.KEEP ON POATING.I WIL BE BACK TO UR BLOG.
Post a Comment