June 25, 2009

Wedding Bells everywhere


Looks like Wedding bells are ringing everywhere. One of my friend is getting married this weekend and celebrations are full-on. Its a marwari wedding and so, you can imagine the pomp and grandeur that's into the wedding. Its somewhat what you ideally call, 'The Big Fat Indian Wedding'. Yesterday was the mehendi function and I was no exception. I got my mehendi done too :) . Had fun yesterday. Everybody had fun. It's really good to have a wedding in the family. Its far better than any other festival. It gives people so much joy. An occasion for family and friends, to rejoice, to feel glad, to sing, to dance, to bless,to make merry, to say 'forever and ever'.. Wow!! I loved it yesterday. And I'm sure I'm gonna love the rest of the wedding too :) Going to Bangalore tomorrow for her reception party. Looking forward to the next three days. I've got leave from the hospital too :)


Three of my friends got engaged this month. Three more have their match-making going on on serious terms. And the rest, well, atleast few are thinking about it. I'm happy for all of them. I'm glad their 'happily ever after' is starting. But somewhere, it feels all different to know that, the girls and guys I hung out with, till recently, are already responsible enough to start a family!! Wow!! I too will get my number, one fine day( a long way to go though). Until then, I'll enjoy being the bridesmaid :) I'm loving it :)


Chandana C. Shekar

13 comments:

Arun Kumar said...

I haven't seen a marwari wedding... except in movies... monsoon wedding n likes...

n as long as u remain the bridesmaid , enjoy bein a bachelorette... :-)

Swatantra said...

Hi,

Very cute post!! The best part of the wedding is the get together of the family.

wish you a great time!! Thanks for your advice.

NR said...

enjoy with your friends...n ya i know marwari weddings are lovely!!

who u may find your doctor in that reception...lolz!!!

n ya mehdi n doctor combination is something that i have never seen...so better have your stethoscope visible..lol!!

tc

broca's area said...

hmm...i just love these weddings.. its so much fun!

p.s-enjoy the weekend!!

Ann said...

Yup! Even I enjoy attending marriages. Most of my friends have got married. And now everybody is waiting for my turn to come.

So, we are sailing in the same boat, I suppose.

I think this is the best time. So, I am enjoying life so that after getting married I'll cherish this time.

Best of Luck Sweety !!!

You'll find your Prince Charming soon.

And Wish me luck too :)

Dreamer said...

hey chandana...

lovely post yaar...the same is happeneing in my family 2..2 of my cousins wud be getting married soon...just waiting for d wedding"S" to enjoy,sing,dance,eat... ;)

keep blogging!!!
and thanx for d advice.. :)

Neha said...

well chandana, I am sure u r gonna have a blast...the marwari weddings are awesome...especially the food...pls ve daal-bati churma, ghatte ka sabji, chaat everything...the food is simply awesome...have fun..:)

Anand said...

I guess your friend is going to get a brand new baby sitting, and washing machine it seems...

lol.

Great going.

Dr. Chandana Shekar said...

first of all, thanks everybody for readin :)

@arun- trust me, this weddin was just the way its in movies.was way too grand.and yeah, Im enjoyin bein a bachelorette :)thanks ya :)

@swatantra- hey thanks ya :)

@nazish- dude, i dint find anybody there. sad na? lolz ;) by the way, mehendi and doctors is not a rare combi da. we even have mehendi competition in our college day competitions.I've won in that ya :)

@pratap-thanks ya. i love them too :)

@girl next door- all the very best and enjoy ur present moments. cherish them.. have fun. cheers :)

@neha ansal- hey u enjoy too.. :)

@neha silam- thanks di. i had so much food that i don remember the names. lolz :) had fun di..

@anand- im sorry, no offence meant, but i couldnt get u. wat baby sitting and washin machine are u talking about? could u explain please?

Anonymous said...

hey.. its wedding season.. n i love weddings.... n i m too excited bout my wedding..have started preparing for them from now itself... love the shopping part too much.. anyways.. best luck for ur match finding.. may u get the best..!!!

Anand said...

Yes. Dr. Chandana Shekar.

It was a funny remark on the groom. lol.

And then, one of my friend is getting married next week, days after our final exams. Too early i must say.

Let the marriage tunes ring.

Andhuvan said...

hey

got to your blog randomly.
interesting. i liked them!

Dr. Chandana Shekar said...

thanks karthickAK

@riay- thanks for readin. and thanks for the wishes. but my match makin is not on yet. and im glad abt it. wanna be single for somme more time :) all the best fr ur weddin.

@anand- lolz :)