
"God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers" - Jewish proverb.
That's my mom's fav phrase. I've seen that written on the first page of many of her books. I'm glad God created my mom. I'm more glad that he made me her daughter. What do I say about mom? What can anybody say about their moms? The only word that you can use to describe her is 'Great'. Or maybe something larger than that. She takes care of you since even before you were born. She considers you a kid even when your forty years old. For her, your nothing but her heart, walking outside her body. You mean the world to her. Your happiness is hers. She understands everything- things you say, things you don't say and even things that you yourself don't understand. Mom is one word, for an ocean of love and care. No matter how much any person in the world loves you, nobody can beat your mom on that. Can write pages about her, and yet, it will definitely remain incomplete.
All the while I wrote this, the only person I had in front of my eyes was 'My Mom'. She's somebody I look up to as an idol. Not is she just a great mom, but an amazing doctor too. I wonder from where she gets the time, energy and willpower to work the quantity she does, both at the hospital and at home, and yet, smile always. I've hardly seen my mom crib. She loves what she does. I know for a fact that she gets a lot of problems. But not once does she let anybody get a clue of it. She's one ideal example of a woman. For all that my sister and I have got from her, today I want to thank her. For all the love she's given us. For all the care we got. For all the minute to minute things she gave us, whose importance we never realised. For trusting in our stupidest thoughts and decisions. For being our watchman(watch woman) all through life. For being everything from a baby sitter to a study partner to a guide to a friend to everything. For being a partner in crime in our mischiefs(harmless ones) and a shoulder to cry on when sad. For lending a helping hand when we failed and shedding tears of joy when we succeeded. For laughing on our weirdest jokes and feeling hurt for our minor bruises. For letting us know that she is someone we can always count on, and for forgiving us when we hurt her. For having the courage to let us learn from our own mistakes at times. Oh Mom, I'd write pages and I'd never complete the things you do for us. Thanks for everything and everything and more everything. Thanks for being that amazing person you are. We feel very very proud when we say 'I'm Dr.Shylaja's daughter'. And we shall work hard to make you feel proud to be our mom. And hey, you still are very pretty :) Love you loads. :)
Had a nice Mother's day today. Wished mom, gave her a gift, got pooja done at the temple. Got her cake and partied. She treated us pizza for dinner. Had a lovely day.

p.s.: My Mom helped three more ladies become Moms today. Didn't get it? She did three caesarian sections today. So three babies delivered. So three new moms :) And hey, Mom loved the gift I gave her :) She was very happy.And I'm happy that she was happy :)
Chandana C. Shekar
5 comments:
happy-happy:)
my wishes to ur mom...:)
There's only one thing that pure n thats mothers love...which will never change no matter what happens!!
its one thing which is never conditioned..they never want something in return!!
Happy Mothers Day!!!
take care
i was so busy with the post wedding functions at home tht couldnt even see my mum on tht day :( but i wished her dil se and she was very happy...
n girl, welcome bck...missed ur posts...
Read my mother's day wishes in my blog.
Dont forget to comment.
Anand
http://anandsathya.blogspot.com
thanks for readin guys :)
Post a Comment