Done with ENT and Ophthal postings. One cool month. Over and out with it.:( Life was 'cool' these days. No post opd and post op duties.No staff shouting at you- Thats because the PGs there form your armour and they get all the shoutings and yellings and screamings and 'gaalis' too. And that makes you so very protected :) Amazing PGs ya. Really, very friendly.Schedule there for interns was so very simple.Roam around, chit chat, sit in OPD,do clerical work(lolz)...Life just passes.. Wow!!! Now that I'm into surgery postings, I miss those days. I really do. Minors were fun.I feel like I'm doing the whole last month's work in 3 or 4 days now.
And hey, I did a Tonsillectomy during Ent postings :). Interns doing it is a rarity in our college. Very rare sure. But I got to do it. Luck by chance I guess.All thanks to my Unit Chief and more than that, my PGs ya!! Ashwini and Sandhya- two amazing people I've met. 30 years from now, if somebody asks me about my ENT postings, there will be two things I'd remember. One- that I did a tonsillectomy. And two- the two PGs in the unit.I cherish that I worked with them for a while. You might find PGs who are friendly, fun to be with, not so cranky and all that. But if your searching for those who are all these and 'kiddos' at heart and mischievous and so very nice to each other, you better go to these two. You just don't feel that they are your seniors. Spending time with them is just the way, when you are with your friends. It was 'really' fun being with them :). Well, all happy things come to an end. So did my one month of ENT and Ophthal. Now into surgery, first few days were hectic. I'm the lone intern for the time being.So.. Anyways, there are a few things that are making the postings a bit comfortable. So, lets see.. Wait for further updates :)
Chandana C. Shekar
4 comments:
@ your brother- thanks for readin. by the way, im a 'girl' :)
wow....that's a whole lot of nice things said !!! & in a long time none has been forthcoming with anything more than reprimands so that was fresh.
hope many of ur batchmates too have a fun time in ENT ,....was nice working with you
cheers !
Ashwini Shenoy
hey...thanks buddy for the comments...you too are among the few interns we would remember for ever...and we did have a great time together and the credit has to go to you as well....and we are still waiting for the tonsillectomy treat!!!!!!
Thanks so much both of u :) And yeah, I'm ready to treat u guys since day 1... Just tell me when and where :) Other than weekends though :)
Post a Comment