June 28, 2010

Your Smile..

That lucky day,
When you gave me a smile;
It took my breath away,
As far as a mile.

Those words of yours,
Which melted me hon;
As though I was just ice,
And you were the sun.

With all your love,
And all your care;
I just don't know,
How time flew away.

When I almost thought,
You were really mine;
You shared your life,
With another woman.

I thought and thought,
What do i do??
It was no more 'us',
Just 'me' and 'you'.

I was ready to accept,
That you will never be mine;
But you ruined it all,
When you smiled at me again.

Yours,
Chandana C. Shekar

15 comments:

CutePriya said...

Loved it Doc Dear...so wonderfully well-written...

"That lucky day,
When you gave me a smile;
It took my breath away,
As far as a mile."...Awww....BEAUTIFUL

Keep Writing...

Love,
Priyanka Kapoor

Creativity said...

Woww!!!!! Beautiful :) :)

Bikram said...

nice poem chandana.. creative and beautiful... well written

R. Ramesh said...

oh my god..awesome lines..only hope it's jus imagination :)

Anonymous said...

yappa!!! awesome le.. each & everyline very touchy:):)

Dr. Chandana Shekar said...

Thank u so much all of u :)

@ramesh- hope so. im a bit scared it may turn into reality ;) kinda intuitions :(.

@manju- do visit here after ur pg life starts too.. love to have ur comments here. prompt n honest, as always :)

Anonymous said...

thank u :)le i do visit:) u keep blogging:) Jiyo:) i thot fiction... how come intuitions??? that 2 wit in fear of reality???

Anthony Samson said...

Awesome, liked it a lot :)

NR said...

thats was beautiful...well written :))

Urvashi said...

Hmmmm...some killer smile it seems...!! ;)

Nice work... :)

KParthasarathi said...

Will a smile erase a treachery?It doesn't gel Chandana
Nice poem

deepa kashyap said...

"I was ready to accept,
That you will never be mine;
But you ruined it all,
When you smiled at me again." so true lines !!

for ma part " Whn I see him smile n know that it is not for me, that is when I miss him the most" :(

nice post !!
keep smiling :)

Shivani Singh said...

Hey That was very nice ya :)

Dr. Chandana Shekar said...

@manju- haage ;)

@anthony- nice to see u here. thank u :)

@mazish and urvahsi- thank u :)

@parthasarthi- it does. the heart goes weak again. it happens, trust me on that.

@deepa- i agree honey.

@shivani- thank u :)

Anonymous said...

Is Poety part of the syllabus in docotorine??