I've been shifted to the department of E.N.T. I whole - heartedly wish this hadn't happened. Reasons? Oh, many of them. All of us had two 'batting' sessions on the first day itself for actually what seemed like 'no reason at all'. Did nothing other than writing what the professors said to write in the OPD registers and prescriptions. Hardly examined one or two cases. So got nothing to learn. Afternoon session was nothing but sitting in the seminar hall and listening to P.G.s do seminar, which went well above our heads!! Mind you, attending it was compulsory. One consolation prize- biscuits and coffee at the end of the seminar!! Phew! Forget us, P.G.s go through more than us. It goes without saying that they are the scape-goats for everything. And when they are missed for a target, we are caught!! Wanted to take leave for the next day, to go to b'lore, but due to circumstances, couldn't get one :(
Day 2- I went to B'lore last evening after postings to see off my uncle and aunt who were leaving to USA. Came back early in the morning to Mysore and I was so god-damn sleepy. Went to O.T. and had 2 'batting' sessions from some anaesthesia staff!!! Jeess!!! I don't even come under that department and she shouts at me for 'absolutely no reason at all'!!!! What the hell!! When your an intern, every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks its their birth-right to shout at you I guess! Again a consolation prize- The P.G. tells me that they too get scolded by that staff for crazy reasons. I feel consoled after listening to those reasons!! We get to do nothing in the O.T. Just stand, stand and stand, and fill some histopathology forms. Thats it. Thats such a waste of time. Thank goodness, O.T. got over by afternoon and I could go out for lunch with a friend.
Have OPD tomorrow. Hope things go well.
Chandana C. Shekar
4 comments:
awww, so sad...u having a tough time dealing with the sadist staff...chillex girl, at least u got away early... :)
yeah ..same here...ent is such a waste of time...utilize this time well...study no!!
@ neha - hope so it passes off soon di..
@ pratap - na re. cant study. they make us write those opd cards and other clerk jobs na. they don teach us anythin but they want us to be there in front of them :(
Whatever u dont want in life ...u get that but thats the way life is!!!!
Give her a reply in her own language n then u see she wont even mess with ya again....actually she has taken u for granted!!!
Post a Comment