Oh boy!! Dermat postings came to an end :( How I wish it hadn't. Enjoyed this posting thoroughly. Asking me reasons? Oh there's no reason not to enjoy it. Go to the wards even after past nine and put notes, nobody will bother (unlike other departments where you go at 8 am and odd). They just need that job to be done. Everybody from the HOD (who is moody at times and blasts everyone and anyone when he isn't in a good mood) to the professors to assistant professors to P.G.s to nurses to patients are very cool. No 'kirik parties'. No patient comes as an emergency. And yeah quite a few people remember that they have skin problems only on government holidays and sundays!!! Because they get free then and so the OPD is loaded with patients on government holidays :) Nobody shouts at you for minor mistakes. Nobody wants you to be 'very' punctual. They don't exercise their power unnecessarily. All they bother is that you should know your work and do it. And for that, you get all the help you want. There is a 'comedy material' in the department too ;) ( only people from my college who have finished skin postings will understand this :) What say people? )Most important, they teach you stuff. At the end of the postings, I'm able to diagnose the common skin conditions atleast(I think so). I agree that you have to do the clerk kinda job here too. But still, you do quite a bit of intern's work also. And hey, if your interested, you get to learn and do procedures too. I did and I loved it. Thanks to the wonderful P.G.s - Pavithra and Sandhya especially, and the assistant professors (especially, Dr. Savitha). I liked the procedures here too. They are so delicately done. I agree that all surgeries are delicate. But these are extrw-delicate. Cosmetic reasons you see :) I am now keen on Dermat as an option for my P.G. than earlier :) Its a nice subject. I liked the prospects of it for an M.D.
Given an option, I would definitely finish my whole internship in this department itself. Missing it :( Had a real nice time and hope the next postings go as good as this. :)
Chandana C. Shekar
4 comments:
at least someone is enjoying the internship posting...i had got a horrible one in my law school...i quit in 3 days since it was not compulsory... ;)
n i m sure u wil get good postings in future as well..good luck
god bless!!!
heheh. but ours is compulsory di :)
and thanks for the wishes di
good u enjoyed it....wish u all the best!!!
Post a Comment