
"The End" of Surgery postings..
Over and out with 49 days of 'Surgery-VI'. Got so used to saying that word 'Surgery-VI', that it became similar to the 'Hi' that I used to tell my friends. Every time I went to get or submit the O.T. list, to collecting reports, to calling the wards, to references, to telling umpteen people as to where I belong,...well, it was always 'Surgery-VI'. The fact that it was my first 'major' postings made me go more accustomed to it. All my previous postings were only for 15 days each, and I hardly had any work to do. By the time I would realise that I belong somewhere, postings would get over and I would belong somewhere else. But surgery-VI, Oh it gave me so much work that for the starting few days, I felt that I'm being royally, extremely, unreasonably overworked!!!. Lolz.. I don't blame the people who I worked with, no ways!! There was so much work indeed!
Well, had a nice experience in a few ways and I wanted to flee away from the unit sometimes too.. Had quite a few nice people to work with. Few of them were 'fun' too. I'll always remember them. Had 2 fights too with somebody not-so-nice. lolz. :) But hey, I won- both times. And that's all that matters ;-) I cribbed about the workload quite a few times, but never had any bad experiences that would bring tears in my eyes. I'm just so glad that the Saturday OPD days are gone, atleast for the time being. It used to feel so awkward to work 'busy' on Saturdays and Sundays!! Got to learn quite a bit too. All thanks to-well, those who taught me ;-)
Personal front too went well in the period. No regrets about anything. The number of games in my phone increased, chit-chat sessions with my co-intern increased, number of coffee day visits increased..Only thing that almost came to a nil, was my studies. Its in dire need to be started again!!
Well, all in all, I'm content and happy that I'm done with 'Surgery VI'. But somewhere in some nook of my mind, I'll miss it too. No specific reasons for it. And I don't wanna decipher it too :) Glad just the way it is :)
Chandana C. Shekar
11 comments:
Lol...your really a dangerous lady doctor!!! Never hear a doctor fighting...hehehe!!!
Those OT room are really scary,when i entered for the fist time for my hand operation those big lights really never allowed me to b comfortable...lol!!!
Well i hope u dont wear your watch in OT as what kareena did in the movie "kamnakth ishq"..dangerous!!
Nice to know that your over n out with Surgery VI...so your free now!!!
take care!!!
hey... me too in surgery VI... same pinch... but im still a student... :-)
which postings u r posted next?
@nazish- wanna try ur hand at fightin wid me buddy? lolz... we don wear any hand accessories when we wash up for a case in the OT re. Thats a film and kareena there, so that extra thing i guess. haven watched the movie yet. i shall now ;) well, u shud have got operated in my hospital. we would have made u feel comfortable ;-) read abt ur hand on ur blog..take care dude :) bit relaxed now at work. hope no work pops out of the blue!!!
@arun- same pinch to u too arun ;) im at neurosurgery now.. :)
unique
Thanks
http://www.urproblemmysolution.blogspot.com/
hey.. nice to hear tht ur surgery posting is finally over.. which is ur next posting.. reading ur post made me think of my previous surgery posting.. by the it was a bit fun.. a bit hectic..a bit boring.. lol...
surg-1for me from today...
med ws damn hectic...have lost 4kgs!!!
which is next postings?
@riya- im in neurosurgery now. till 15th of this month. next is ortho :)
@pratap- ya, read in ur blog that u lost 4 kgs. i wish i too have lost some weight. shud check :) i have ortho next. in neurosurgery now :)
@denjgong- thanks :)
Dr Dr Dr..plz dont hate me..coz i luv ya..i luv all my precious friends..after all u dint say anything wrong..found all your points very valid..cheers n best wishes always:)
@ramesh- haha.. thank u :) and finally i found ur comment :) thanks for bein here :)
Post a Comment