April 16, 2012

A Comedy Of Depression.


"A mental state with unhappiness and hopelessness",
Is what the medical dictionary defined 'Depression' as.
But when I was a victim, with no prizes to guess,
I just felt , its nothing but a pain in the ass.

 How stupid was I, frowning over everything,
Felt like a helpless bird, cut off, its wings.
Neither excited about my engagement, nor the ring,
Until for me, I heard my fiance, sweetly sing.

Things on the D-day, looked so very sublime,
Good, was the ceremony, everybody having a nice time.
Wanted to sing poetry, very well in rhyme,
But yet, all that I could manage, was just mime.

He left for a month, so did his family.
Others got to work too, left alone was me.
I was left to myself, however I wanted to be,
Nobody came to see me, not even for tea.

I wished somebody helped me, maybe an elf?
Or did I have to do it, all by myself?
Just grabbed a book, from the lot on the shelf,
And left for the hills, just I, me, myself..

With so much of desperation, the hilly path, I climbed,
Lost balance and hurt my knee, and yeah, it pained.
Finally seated in a place, I got nicely settled,
But shit, down the hill, the book just tumbled.

I wanted to read something, be it the menu spread at a luncheon,
I then found in my purse, capsules and literature, of 'Isotretinion'.
Oh! this drug, for my acne, was the treatment regimen..
Damn it!, in susceptibles, the side effect it caused, was "Depression"!!

3 comments:

Bikramjit Singh Mann said...

Oh ho .. depression is very bad and you shud know DR. Ji ..

How are you doing
take care


Bikram's

"THE BARD WHO DOESNT HAVE TO TRY TOO HARD" said...

was tis reality or fiction :P

Anamika said...

Enjoyable to read :)