LIGHT OF LIFE
I wished he was here, to give me company,
Until the sky fell down, upon him and me.
But the news of his demise, made me go so sore,
Even before he knew, he'd have a kid to adore.
I yearned so much, to him, say 'I love you',
But fate didn't let me, even a last aideu.
He was my soul sure, he was my world,
Everything I now saw, looked so unpurled.
When all about life, was black with gloom,
And all I felt, was pending doom,
When my bones were racked with grim despair,
And every breath, was just a gasp of air..
When I could only sigh, and only grope,
All I could give myself, was a chance of hope.
I hoped my cloud, would have a silver lining,
Just enough to make this world, a place worth living.
When days to weeks, weeks to months, in me, you turned,
Within me, feelings and emotions, just churned and churned.
You finally entered the world, and wasn't a suprise,
But yet my darling, it took me time, to realise.
You're the greatest gift, god could ever bestow,
The most exquisite joy, than I would ever know.
You're just that's needed, to take away, all my strife,
Just know that my baby, you're truly, The Light of my Life.
Chandana C. Shekar
p.s.- My 50th post on the blog :)
14 comments:
Very well written n congrats for winning the competition...u truly deserve it.
Its a talent ...i wonder how come a doctor has...lolz!! Do write down one or two lines in the prescription of your patients too...as sometimes they may work more than the medicines..hahaha!!
I can never of writing a poem...n that too in an hour...hats off!!!
excellent!! this post of yours comes really after a long time...lol
where have you disappeared doc...
welcome bck btw...
great work, no wonder you won the competition...tc:)
hey chandana,
good 2 c u back..
tat was a nice comeback ..
awesome poem ..
well written ..
m glad as well tat u won ..
cheers
:)
arey word verification nikaal
hi just saw your update of your blog on orkut.well i read the poem and i liked it.it's very good... and i had nostalgic memories of the fests in our college and of course my favourite event poetry writing.we used to win the quiz every yr but poetry writing was special when i won cos it was an individual creative effort.i guess you'll have similar sentiments as well.and i have something for you.i'm writing my blogs for sometime.very few ppl know bout it.my blog is raghurajhegde.blogspot.com .you can get the link from orkut too.visit it if you have the time.its not very detailed or interesting like yours but let me know wat u think of it.cheers!
wow..!!
So many things to congratulate about..!! :D
The poem was amazing.. More so for the fact that u came up with it in an hour and in a hall surrounded with so many ppl, which according me isnt the condusive for poetry... But.. some ppl like u have it in them to do it.. So.. kudos for the fact..!!
ANd Congrats for going on and winning it.. U deserved to say the least...
Finally... Congos on 50 posts... :D
Cheers..!!
Arjun
sometimes just trying rewards us right?....congrats:))
@everybody- thanks so much :)
@raghuraj- ya i agree, winning individual competitions feels great. and winning those which u love doin feels more special.. will surely check ur blog. thanks for readin mine :)
beautiful poem chandana... heartfelt write...
No surprises on the prize... he he.. they had to give u... awesome poem...
Welcome back Chandana. Great post.
@arun and anand- thanks so much :)
hey chandana good poem buddy.keep rocking.Well can u drop ur number at 9902417369.i hope u remember me.
Hey that's good.. A doctor and a poet u are a person with lots of talent.. Great!!
Hey doc,
I am a connoisseur of poetry of sorts and for what it's worth I will throw some brickbats at you. Here's the deal, the language flow is good and so is the idea but your plot is all over. The first and second paragraph are communicating to the reader (which is nice), third and fourth paragraph you are speaking to no one in particular but just expressing yourself, fifth and sixth paragraphs you are conversing with the person who died.
The thing with poems is, you would be well advised if you maintained your conversations or targeted your literature towards either the the reader or a character within the poem. Consistency being the bottom line.
My 2 cents (or 2 paisa). Hope you win many more.
Vijai.
@vijai- thanks for reading and the comments.. but if u see properly, the WHOLE POEM, I'm talkin to the kid who is born. there is no conversation directed to the reader or the person who died.
thanks for ur '2 cents'..i appreciate it.
@karthik- ya i remember u.thanks for readin..
@swatantra- thanks :)
Post a Comment