October 15, 2014

Together, To Be.


All alone at home, I sat thinking of you.
Why away from me, you had to move?
Sat with the wooden box, carved like a dove.
Which treasured in it, your many tokens of love.

Those cute little cards, those old dried flowers.
Which between us, had helped banish all bars.
Those chocolate wrappers, and that first key ring,
Everything in itself, had a ballad to sing.

If one fine day, we had to go away from each other,
Why in the first place, did we actually come together?
Tried to figure it out, but ended up getting tired.
Maybe of life's many reasons, some were just weird.

Miles apart, you still love me as much as you did.
But if you were next to me, life would be splendid.
All I can do now hon,  is give a soft sigh.
And wish to be back, together again, You and I.

You've thought of something for me, I have thoughts for you.
We wish for a life together, after we finally say "I do".
Hope things go fine, and destiny won't actually mind,
Me being yours, when you're told,
 "You may now kiss the Bride".

Until next time,
Chandana Shekar

P.S.-Fiction!



1 comment:

Shrikant said...

Really touching. A hint of sadness mixed with lots of lovely memories and hope for good days to come. Really wonderful!!